Unique Beauty Tips
By The Social | January 16, 2014
By: Brittany Gray, Fancy Face Inc.
According to a recent article on Elle.com, there’s no need to have a fully-equipped beauty kit because the best tools around are your own fingers!
Here are some tips from beauty expert Brittany Gray on how to beautify with your hands and other potentially overlooked items that are right at your finger tips.
- Shadow: Starting with our hands, you can use your pinky finger to dab on eye shadow for a casual, pretty look, or a more saturated look, if that’s what you’re after; your pinky is your friend when it comes to the eye area because it applies only gentle pressure.The final look ends up being less precise than when using a brush, which gives you a great raw, fresh look.
- Cat Eye: To create that perfect cat-eyed look, use invisible tape.
- Mascara: When applying, use a plastic spoon as a shield and always start with your bottom lashes to avoid smudging.
- You can also thicken your lashes by applying loose powder after your first coat of mascara; you’ll want to moisten your cotton swab with water first.
- Removal: Now, to take it all off, mix one part olive oil and three parts aloe vera water for a makeup remover that will, believe it or not, remove waterproof eye makeup!
- The pinky is for your eyes, but your ring finger is best when it comes to applying lip colour.
- Nude Lip: For the perfect nude lip, dab concealer onto your lip. This is also a great way to make your lips look fuller.
- Coloured Lip Gloss: If you want a bit of colour, you can create your own lip gloss by mixing organic coconut oil and beet powder, or your favourite powdered beverage, if you don’t have beet root powder around the house. I like strawberry or cherry — and again, apply with your ring finger.
- Foundation: Again, use your fingers when it comes to your applying your foundation, BB or CC cream. The warmth of your fingers makes blending easier to achieve full coverage.
- Cheek Colour: For quick colour, grab your favourite shade of lipstick and apply it on your cheeks with your fingers.
- Blemishes: Have a blemish? Again, grab your coconut oil and just dab a bit on your blemish. It’s an anti-inflammatory and is antibacterial.